TOUTS today release their new single Asleep. The first new music from the Derry three piece in 2018, Asleep sets the tone for what is to come from the band this year and is packed full of angst and paranoia in equal measure.
Speaking on the track the band explain: “We don’t lead structured lives. Sometimes you just have to laugh at how ridiculous things can get. It’s just like we’re in Grand Theft Auto or a dream. Days just merge into each other and you don’t know what the fuck is happening”.
Despite only releasing their debut single Sold Out last year, TOUTS have already caused something of a stir on the UK indie scene, after playing a series of high profile support slots with Liam Gallagher, Kasabian and Paul Weller. The band also completed a hugely successful, frenetic whirlwind of a debut headline tour, ‘the electric shock excitement of a band on fire’ (Louder Than War) where they took their politically-charged punk songs across the UK, to rapturous feedback.
TOUTS have already attracted great support across radio, with their previous singles receiving consistent plays from industry tastemakers, including Zane Lowe, Annie Mac, Steve Lamacq, Daniel P. Carter and Huw Stephens, with the latter inviting the band in for a live session on his Radio 1 show.
This May sees TOUTS step out on the road again, with a number of UK headline shows, including two at The Great Escape, to add to a run of support slots with Blossoms. For more information visit the band’s Facebook page.
TOUTS 2018 Tour Dates
- 10/05/18 – London – o2 Forum Kentish Town
- 11/05/18 – Manchester – o2 Apollo Manchester
- 12/05/18 – Norwich – LCR, UEA
- 17/05/18 – The Great Escape – Fender Stage
- 18/05/18 – The Great Escape – Sticky Mikes
- 25/05/18 – Belfast – BBC Biggest Weekend 6 Music
- 26/05/18 – Warrington – Neighbourhood Weekender
- 07/07/18 – Belfort – Eurockennes Festival
- 04/08/18 – Bestival – Slacker Stage
- 23/08/18 – Charlesville – Cabaret Vert
- 25/08/18 – Reading – Reading Festival
- 26/08/18 – Leeds – Leeds Festival
- 27/08/18 – Paris – Les Inrocks Festival